A Digital Day Out at Viva Technology 2018
A stand dedicated to quality of life and working people's daily lives
The theme of Sodexo's stand will be a "Digital Day", and is intended to illustrate the group's commitment, grounded in customer experiences and technology, to improve the quality of life of working people in a novel and inspiring way.
The stand will welcome professional visitors on May 24 and 25, and will open to the general public on May 26, to allow them to explore in a novel way, four key elements of daily living; namely: Work, Meals, Relaxing, and Planning.
Sodexo will be accompanied by 37 business start-ups which are all striving to develop projects centred on the daily lives and quality of life for working people. As individuals pass through the stand, they will be introduced to visitors through clips that highlight the four key components of the day and have the opportunity to participate in 30-minute round table discussions led by Sodexo experts.
An Unmissable Event!
For the three days of the Show, Sodexo will give visitors the opportunity to attend numerous innovative presentations and events:
• Sophie Bellon, Chairwoman of the Board of Directors, Sodexo will participate in a round table to discuss “The Future of Work”, on Thursday, May 24, between 12.40 and 1.15 pm.
• On Friday, May 25, at 2 p.m., Denis Machuel, CEO of Sodexo, will lead the CEO Forum round table to discuss the challenges and opportunities connected with the digitalization of the service industry. In a world that depends more and more on technology, some may wonder whether the role of humans in the service industry is coming to an end. And, whether the best digital experience requires a balance between technology and human interaction.
• Two "Shape the Future" Keynotes
The first keynote address will be by Sylvia Metayer, Global CEO of Business Services at Sodexo, at 12:20 p.m. on Thursday, May 24. During her keynote she will discuss the Internet of Things and Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace.
At 3:10 p.m. on Friday, May 25, Belen Moscoso del Prado, Digital and Innovation Director at Sodexo will speak about the challenges surrounding Generation Z. She will also introduce the prize-giving ceremony for the Sodexo Vivatech Challenge Winner Awards.
• Elevator pitch: Each day, visitors and start-ups will have two minutes to do a recorded interview to explain a project they want to develop. At the end of the event, Sodexo will select the best proposals and invite them to meet experts at Sodexo.
• Masterclass on "The Art of Storytelling": Overseen by a coach, visitors will learn the key features of a message that can persuade their audience.
• Sodexo fun facts: Visitors are invited, at various times of the day, to participate in quizzes and questionnaires for a chance to win Sodexo products or services as prizes.