Acoustic Awards 2018: Recognising Excellence11 July 2018 / by Association of Noise Consultants (ANC) (author) / London
For six years ANC, the voice of professional consultancy in acoustics, noise and vibration, has held the awards to promote and recognise excellence among UK acoustic consultants.
This year the awards showcased the skills of members across five categories. An award was also given at the evening event for the best presentation of an award entry, judged by delegates at the ANC conference, which took place earlier in the day.
Winners were presented by Dr Hugh Hunt, Reader in Engineering Dynamics and Vibration at the University of Cambridge.
Acoustic Awards 2018 Winners
Building Acoustics, sponsored by H&H Acoustic Technologies
• WINNER: Clarke Saunders Associates - Quadrant 4
• HIGHLY COMMENDED: Adrian James Acoustics – Nur Alem Pavilion
• COMMENDED: Arup - Royal Academy of Music
• COMMENDED: Hoare Lea - Outer Space Project
Education Acoustics, sponsored by Ecophon
• WINNER: Hoare Lea - Royal Birmingham Conservatoire
• HIGHLY COMMENDED: Apex Acoustics - The National Centre for the Written Word
• COMMENDED: WSP - New River College Pupil Referral Unit and The Bridge Integrated Learning Space
Environmental Noise, sponsored by ANV Measurement Systems
• WINNER: Southdowns Environmental Consultants - Crossrail C510
• HIGHLY COMMENDED: Temple Group with FLO – Northern Line Extension
• COMMENDED: Arup - Forth Replacement Crossing
Vibration, sponsored by Pliteq
• WINNER: Atkins
• HIGHLY COMMENDED: AECOM
• COMMENDED: Apex Acoustics
• WINNER: Bureau Veritas - Sidac Sports and Social Club
• HIGHLY COMMENDED: RBA Acoustics - Lyall Mews – Site Enclosure
Best Presentation, sponsored by Armourcoat
• WINNER: Adrian James Acoustics
A distinguished panel of judges comprising of academics and professionals, as well as representatives from the sponsor companies, scrutinised the national and international entries.
Robert Osborne of ANC, said:
“The awards recognise world-leading expertise in our industry and show how ANC members lead the way to improve acoustics for the whole of society and promote high standards and good practice in the industry.
“We are very grateful to our sponsors and to the judges for their support.”
Full details about the successful entries can be found in the awards brochure.