Welcoming the Next Generation of Chefs
Described as a " three-tiered, comprehensive professional development and culinary proficiency program", ProChef examines core culinary, managerial and financial competence.
The culinary component includes assessments of a chef's skill in developing flavours, using proper cooking methods, selecting ingredients, and following best practice in sanitation.
Speaking at the graduation ceremony, Certified Master Chef and director of The Culinary Institute of America (CIA ) Consulting and Industry Programs, Brad Barnes, said:
"Earning this certification from the CIA provides them with a benchmark of their accomplishments, and we applaud Aramark for supporting their chefs' development and commitment to the culinary arts and our profession."
Pro Chef III Certification
• Pinky Varghese – Culinary Director, Northeast Region
• Ronald Stuhm – New York University
Pro Chef II Certification
• Adam Lizak – FirstEnergy Stadium
• Alina Muratova – Washington State Convention Center
• Arvin Dhansew – Southern Methodist University
• Brian Stephens – Morehead State University
• David Griffith – University of Minnesota
• Gil Holts – Western Kentucky University
• Ian Ross – Simmons University
• Josh Brigman – Austin College
• Michael McCutcheon – New York University
• Patrick Schaeffer – Citi Field
• Randy White – Lubbock Christian University
• Rick Larsen – Citi Field
• Robert Grotha – Boeing Leadership Center
• Shameka Akinleye – M&T Bank Stadium
• Thomas Lynch – Yosemite National Park
• Todd Canning – Millbrook School
About The Culinary Institute of America
Founded in 1946, The Culinary Institute of America (CIA) is dedicated to developing leaders in foodservice and hospitality.
An independent, not-for-profit organisation, CIA offers master’s, bachelor’s, and associate degrees with majors in culinary arts, baking & pastry arts, food business management, hospitality management, culinary science, and applied food studies.
The college also offers executive education, certificate programs, and courses for professionals and enthusiasts. Its conferences, leadership initiatives, and consulting services have made the CIA the think tank of the food industry and its worldwide network of more than 50,000 alumni includes innovators in every area of the food world. The CIA has locations in New York, California, Texas, and Singapore.
More information is available at www.ciachef.edu.