Recognising the Critical Role of Frontline Employees
Compass Group UK & Ireland has announced new measures to recognise the exceptional efforts of its staff during the COVID-19 pandemic and support vulnerable communities.
Measures introduced by the company include:
Recognising its frontline workforce
- Awarding a bonus equivalent to between 8 and 17 per cent of pay to all 7,800 employees supporting the NHS as ward hosts, hospital porters or cleaners.
- Donating 10,000 boxes of food through Foodbuy, the group’s procurement business, for collection by our frontline employees.
Feeding the most vulnerable
- Donating £500,000 of food to UK hunger and food waste charity, Fareshare; and ensuring food surplus continues to support food banks and other charity and community providers including PlanZheroes, Too Good to Go, Olio, Salvation Army and City Harvest.
Supporting the UK’s national crisis effort
- Redeploying thousands of Compass team members into hospitals, care homes and onto the shop floor of national retailers.
- Creating new cook-along YouTube content for people staying at home with regular shows for primary, secondary and adult audiences and weekly shows with CBBC celebrity Chef and MBE Allegra McEvedy.
Announcing the initiative, Robin Mills, Compass Group UK and Ireland managing director, said:
“Across the UK, Compass employees are playing an invaluable role in the country’s battle against coronavirus, ensuring NHS patients and staff are fed and their wards are kept clean, and supporting key workers in the education, defence and infrastructure sectors. I am enormously proud of them and want to thank them for the incredible dedication they are showing in unprecedented circumstances. As a business we are doing everything we can to support the national effort.”