EMCOR UK has launched AXIS, a mobile and desktop app that provides employees with instant access to a range of workplace services.
The app which interfaces with common computer-aided facility management platforms, can be configured to assist with performing common tasks and functions, including:
- Book desks and meeting rooms
- Book EV charging points and car park spaces
- Receive daily newsfeeds providing information about services, promotions and opening times of facilities such as recreational facilities, the gym, restaurants and coffee outlets
- Access FAQs regarding workplace facilities
- Create interactive service requests and track jobs Participate in surveys and provide feedback on facilities and services
- Connect with colleagues and participate in workplace discussions
- Collaborate and participate in upcoming events
AXIS also incorporates a “marketplace” feature for ordering food or drinks for collection from in-house and external caterers.
James Dunnett, EMCOR UK Chief Information and Transformation Officer, says: “The pandemic has heightened the critical importance of technology and its power to enhance connectivity and we recognise the significance of technology to improve the employee experience in the workplace and offer personalised services. Our new app will enable FM managers to make smarter real-time decisions and to understand and respond to user needs and drive customer satisfaction.”
Jeremy Campbell, the copany’s Executive Director of Marketing and Customer Solutions, adds: “AXIS is a personalised workplace experience app that revolves around customers and the services they interact with in the workplace. This new service creates real time communication connecting facilities services teams directly with their customers so they better understand what is important to their customers and deliver fantastic quality every day.”
The introduction of AXIS supports EMCOR UK’s vision of a better world at work and its Vision 10 framework which encourages leaders to reconsider the future of the workplace and create people-centric and sustainable workplace strategies.