EMCOR UK’s latest business report sets out the company’s vision to create a better world at work for people, communities and the planet.
The report acknowledges and echoes the following UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as general corporate objectives going forward:
- Global Goal 3: Good Health and Wellbeing: Ensuring healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- Global Goal 5: Gender Equality: Achieving gender equality and empower all women and girls
- Global Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth: Promoting sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
- Global Goal 9: Industry, Innovation & Infrastructure: Building resilient infrastructure, promoting inclusive and sustainable industrialisation and fostering innovation
- Global Goal 10: Reduced Inequalities: Reducing inequalities within and among countries
- Global Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production: Ensuring sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Global Goal 13: Climate Action: Taking urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
- Global Goal 17: Partnerships for the Goals: Strengthening the means of implementation and revitalising the global partnership for sustainable development
Additionally, it commits the facility services provider to implementing three goals in particular:
People are at the centre of how EMCOR UK does business. The company takes a multi-faceted approach to health and wellbeing and has developed a wellbeing maturity model which measures 17 wellbeing indicators; introduced a range of employee policies to enhance life at work such as an industry leading maternity and paternity policy; and pays all employees the Real Living Wage or above.
Planet and its protection, which includes setting accurate baselines so that realistic measurement is possible; creating a carbon management and reduction plan which outlines the company’s operational route to reaching net zero emissions by 2030; and working with customers to create greener workplaces.
Partnerships involves working with a number of relevant partners who share EMCOR UK’s vision and are working collaboratively to achieve its sustainability and social value goals. The company aims to measure its environmental and social impact where possible and has adopted the National TOMs Framework to measure social value, alongside a fully developed Sustainability Dashboard.
Keith Chanter, EMCOR UK CEO, elaborates: “A better world at work means we strive to have a positive impact on everyone that interacts with EMCOR UK, as well as on the wider environment. We have strategically aligned our purpose with eight UN Global Goals which we believe are most relevant for us and our industry. It is in these areas we believe we can make a significant difference.
“We aim to be an industry leader in delivering social value, and this report is a vital part stating our ambitious goals and keeping us on track.”