Aramark’s entire U.S. workforce joined Hispanic colleagues in celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month (HHM) in the United States from 15th September to 15th October.
Leading festivities was the company’s Impacto employee resource group (ERG), which hosted events to educate fellow team members about the valued contribution of the Hispanic community to the country’s development.
Founded in 2015, Impacto is one of a strong (and growing) network of ERGs which works to highlight the diverse workforce at the catering and facility services provider, and create a more inclusive workplace that recognizes and honors all people and their contributions.
ERGs are open to employees interested in – and aligned with – that group.
“Our ERG members are helping us in areas of recruitment, professional development, and community outreach which are all vital to Aramark’s growth,” explains Fenimore Fisher, Aramark’s VP for President of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. “The Impacto team put together an amazing calendar of events to showcase Latino and Hispanic culture, as well as the employees who are making a difference through servant leadership.”
“Hispanic Heritage Month is a chance to recognize and celebrate the achievements and contributions made by descendants of people from Spain, Mexico, the Caribbean, Central and South America, and our allies,” said Impacto ERG Co-Chair Carlos Ramos. “We as a company and nation draw strength from our diversity and we’re so happy about the special events our ERG put together to mark the occasion.”
Calendar of Events
Latin Dance Lessons
A dance instructor emphasized the importance of music and dance in Latin culture with salsa, merengue, and bachata lessons for participants virtually and in person at the Aramark headquarters on 21st September, 28th September and 12th October.
A Conversation with Chef Grace Ramirez
Chef, author, humanitarian, and TV personality Grace Ramirez discussed her Latin American heritage and jouney as a Latina chef during an inspirational webinar broadcast on 22nd September.
The Latino Cultural Script with Dr Robert Rodriguez
President of DRR Advisors LLC, a boutique diversity consulting firm specializing in Latino initiatives, Dr Robert Rodriguez, advised on employee resource groups and developing a diversity and inclusion strategy. In a webinar on 5th October, he discussed a bias towards behavioral tendencies by Latino professionals and explored how cultural narratives impact leadership styles.
Annual Reception and HHM 30/30 Awards
Closing events which took place on 13th October were attended by Aramark partner organization, Congresos de Latinos Unidos and honored the winners of the company’s annual HHM 30/30 Awards for their commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment that encourages engagement and creates memorable customer experiences.
The following employees were named as 2022 recipients of HHM 30/30 awards:
- Alexander Mendez, Healthcare+
- Alvaro Garcia De La Pastora, International – Chile
- Betty Rodriguez, Corporate/Avendra
- Carlos Rodriguez, Collegiate Hospitality
- Cristian Aranguiz Paulsen, International – Chile
- Enri Portillo, Facilities
- Fabiola Sanguinetti, International – Chile
- Francisco Badillo, Sports + Entertainment
- Francisco Palma Negrete, International – Chile
- Frank Nevarez, Collegiate Hospitality
- Gabriel Centeno, Healthcare+
- Gilbert (Michael) Gomez, Facilities
- Hugo E. Brito Montilla, Collegiate Hospitality
- Lucia G. Farr, Student Nutrition
- Maggie Garcia-Nook, Destinations
- Maria Jimenez, Workplace Hospitality
- Mecilia Heleno, Sports + Entertainment
- Mercedes Rodriguez, Corporate/Avendra
- Nairobi Contreras, Workplace Hospitality
- Patricia Hidalgo Gil, International – Chile
- Patricio Iriarte, International – Chile
- Rachael Sparks, Corporate/Avendra
- Rachel Tejeda, Destinations
- Raul Mendez, Corporate/Avendra
- Rusbel Angulo, Sports + Entertainment
- Samantha Garcia, Collegiate Hospitality
- Sergio Nunez, Healthcare+
- Taylor Cavazos, Collegiate Hospitality
- Viviana Ortiz, International – Argentina
- Wesley Flack, Healthcare+
Impacto Executive Award
The ERG additionally bestowed an Impacto Executive Award on Chef Walter Perez from Aramark Sports + Entertainment in recognition of his significant achievements as a member of the Hispanic community in the United States.