Aramark Debuts Culinary Creations and Concession Upgrades for 2023 MLB Opening
Aramark Sports + Entertainment is preparing to welcome fans at nine Major League Baseball (MLB) stadiums with a new lineup of taste-making culinary creations and collaborations.
With a mission to create unforgettable moments for guests – whether they’re visiting a stadium for the first time or have been lifelong baseball fans – the catering and facility services provider continues to redefine the game day experience.
“Coming off a thrilling 2022 MLB season for Aramark Sports + Entertainment, we can’t wait to be immersed once again in the sights, sounds, and tastes of baseball,” explains Alison Birdwell, President and CEO of Aramark Sports + Entertainment. “Our teams have been working through the offseason to develop menu creations and venue advancements that will deliver the memorable gameday experiences that fans have come to expect, and we look forward to showcasing everything new that we have to offer.”
For the 2023 baseball season, Aramark and its partners at Citi Field, Citizens Bank Park, Coors Field, Fenway Park, Kauffman Stadium, Minute Maid Park, PNC Park, Rogers Centre, and Oakland Coliseum will debut various new concessions stands and chef collaborations, elevated takes on classic stadium eats, decadent desserts, and signature cocktails and beverages.
Additionally, Seasons Inning Stretch (#SeasonsInningStretch) will be a limited-time, seasonally inspired food and beverage program that will bring new dishes to ballpark menus in the spring, summer, and fall. In the spring, venues will showcase fragrant and light ingredients, while the summer months will highlight classics concessions with a refreshing twist. And, as the baseball season comes to an end, warm, fall-flavor profiles will take center field.
Seasons Inning Stretch
The following culinary creations will be available to mark the start of the spring season:
- Avocado Fries (Fenway Park): Fried avocados served with green goddess dressing. (Big Concourse – Center Field; Jersey Street concessions)
- Banh Mi Chicken Sandwich (Rogers Centre): Halal ginger chicken, kimchi mayo, cucumber, pickled carrot, and cilantro on baguette. (The Stop, 100 Level, Centre Field)
- Beef Steak Empanadas (Coors Field): Beef steak-filled empanadas with chimichurri aioli accompanied with a lime wedge. (Mobile Ordering – Sections 214, 240; FanFare Express – Sections 318, 338)
- Fried Green Tomato BLT (PNC Park): Fried tomato with sliced bacon and fresh baby arugula served on a Martin’s® Old-Fashioned Real Butter Bread. (Bridges Club)
- Funnel Cake Fries (Citi Field): Fried dough crisps topped with powdered sugar and chocolate sauce. (Section 105)
- Jerk Chicken Sandwich (Citizens Bank Park): Pulled jerk chicken served on a brioche roll with pickle slaw and fried plantains. (Section 143)
- Pork Belly Tacos (Kauffman Stadium): Pork belly, anise pickled carrots, crumbled queso fresco, mint, arugula, and chimichurri sauce on soft shell tacos. (Section 225 – KC Cantina)
- Shrimp Campechana Tacos (Minute Maid Park): Yellow corn tortillas topped with Yellowbird™ Agave, marinated shrimp, pico de gallo, and pickled avocados. (Section 231)
- Strawberry Churro Shortcake (Oakland Coliseum): Strawberry shortcake parfait topped with cinnamon churro and whipped Abuelita®. (Section 232 – Oakland StrEATS)
NEW CONCESSIONS AND CHEF COLLABORATIONS
- Citi Field will introduce several new collaborations this season, headlined by partnerships with renowned chefs Sunny Anderson (Sunny’s All-American Kitchen behind Section 101), Marc Murphy (Chef Marc Murphy’s Porchetta Sandwich Shop behind Section 103), and celebrated butcher Pat LaFrieda (Promenade Level). The home of the New York Mets will also expand its partnership with local establishments Pig Beach (Section 135) and Jacob’s Pickles (Sections 119, 337), while a “Taste of Queens” Cart will feature revolving local eateries throughout the season including Tang Korean Cuisine, Fresco’s Grand Cantina, and The Nourish Spot. Citi Field’s Promenade Club will also bring tastes from New York restaurants Takumi Taco, Empanada Mama, Emma’s Torch, and others.
- Citizens Bank Park will now offer Uncle Charlie’s Steaks. Named after 2008 World Series Champion Charlie Manuel, this new area will feature classic, Philly-style cheesesteaks on a freshly baked Liscio’s Bakery seeded roll served with Herr’s kettle chips. (Section 109)
- Coors Field,home of the Colorado Rockies, is making its beloved Monster Nachos even more accessible to fans with two newly converted Monster Nacho stands (Sections 130, 144). Additionally, Mustache Pretzel is bringing its hand-rolled and scratch-baked original mustache-shaped pretzels to concessions locations within the stadium.
- Kauffman Stadium will introduce a local craft barbecue concept – KCQ – to showcase fan favorite BBQ spots like Chef J BBQ, Scott’s Kitchen, and SMOAK Craft Barbecue in an alternating series throughout the season in Section 232.Local favorite Palacana will also join The K’s food options– known for their fresh paletas, tacos, and aguas frescas. (Section 239)
- Rogers Centre, Toronto’s ballpark, will feature a variety of new food and beverage options as part of the new Outfield District expansion including: The Catch (Section 106) featuring craft cocktails and bites such as mac & cheese and Montreal smoked meat and Cuban sandwiches. The Stop (100 Level, Centre Field) offers a neighborhood bar atmosphere with cocktails and food such as banh mi sandwiches. Schneiders Porch (Section 209) is a brand-new hot dog headquarters with excellent ballpark views. Park Social (500 Level, Left Field) is a park within the park for fans of all ages with games and food truck-style eats like bacon-pepper grilled cheese and milkshakes. And the Corona Rooftop Patio (500 Level, Right Field) is nestled in Toronto’s skyline offering modern takes on ballpark classics and an iconic Toronto staple, the Peameal Bacon Sandwich.
CLASSIC BALLPARK EATS – Burgers, Dogs, Sandwiches, Fries and More!
- All Star Burger with Fries (PNC Park): Jubilee Hilltop Ranch beef patty topped with caramelized onions, sweet pickles, and signature sauce on a potato roll. Served with a side of fries. (Sections 108, 120, 133 – Ballpark Burghers)
- BBQ Chicken and Mac Sandwich (Coors Field): Pulled chicken in original BBQ sauce and white cheddar macaroni and cheese on a potato brioche bun. (Section 137)
- Burnt Ends Brisket Sandwich (Oakland Coliseum): Burnt ends, onion tanglers, and white sauce on a brioche bun with a side of kettle chips. (Section 232 – SMOKE)
- Burnt Ends Mac & Cheese Bowl (Oakland Coliseum): Beecher’s Mac & Cheese, onion tanglers, and B&G® pickles. (Section 232 – SMOKE)
- Cajun Fries (Minute Maid Park): French fries tossed in Breggy Bomb™ Cajun Seasoning with Cajun aioli. (Section 410 – Peaux Boys)
- Chicken Parmesan Sub (Minute Maid Park): Breaded chicken, fresh marinara, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, and basil on an Amorosa’s roll. (Section 420 – La Stella Trattoria)
- Crabcake Sandwich (Fenway Park): Served with iceberg lettuce and tartar sauce on a potato roll. (Jersey Street Fish Shack)
- DORITOS® Walking Nacho (Coors Field): Choice of carnitas or chicken tinga with DORITOS chips, green chili queso, jalapeños, and pico de gallo. (Sections 130, 144, 330)
- Federal Donuts Chicken Tenders (Citizens Bank Park): Crispy, hand-battered chicken tenders served with an Everything Rooster dipping sauce. (Federal Donuts)
- Grande Nacho (Fenway Park): TOSTITOS® chips topped with beef, nacho cheese, pico de gallo, sour cream, and Avocados from Mexico™ guacamole available in a traditional nacho tray or a souvenir Red Sox helmet. (Various locations)
- Green Chili Cheese Fries (Coors Field): Potato shoestring French fries topped with green pork chili, shredded cheddar jack cheese, and Wisconsin breaded cheese curds. (Sections 134, 335)
- Jerk Chicken Nachos (Rogers Centre): White corn tortilla chips and plantains covered in jerk chicken, pineapple pico, pineapple sour cream, green onions, and cheese sauce. (100 Level – The Stop & 200 Level – WestJet Flight Deck)
- Korean Corn Dog (Kauffman Stadium): Corn dog prepared in a panko and corn chips mix, served with siracha ketchup. (Section 301 – Craft & Draft)
- K–uesadilla (Minute Maid Park):Cheese, chicken, or fajita-beef stuffed quesadilla with classic toppings. (Section 132)
- Mexican Street Popcorn (Citizens Bank Park):Tossed in-house with tajin spice, lime and cotija cheese. (Pass and Stow)
- New England Maple Bacon Burger (Fenway Park): Five-ounce beef patty, maple bacon, caramelized onion, and Vermont cheddar cheese served on a brioche bun. (Truly Terrace & Home Plate Grill)
- Oaktown BBQ Sliders (Oakland Coliseum): Two beef sliders topped with aged cheddar, bacon, onion tanglers, and Sweet Baby Ray’s® Barbecue sauce. (Section 232 – Oakland StrEATS)
- Pickle Curds (PNC Park): Fried cheese curds topped with sweet pickles and dill ranch. (Section 127 – Chicken Pitt)
- Poutine Hot Dog (Rogers Centre): A classic Schneiders® hotdog topped with hash brown potato, cheese curds, and gravy. (Sections 109, 209, 215, 220, 228, 233, 514, 520, 523, 529, 533)
- Rodeo Burger (Kauffman Stadium): Bullpen Burger with onion rings and famous Bullpen Sauce. (Section 250 – Bullpen Burger)
- Shareable Nachos (Kauffman Stadium): TOSTITOS® chips with a choice of BBQ pulled pork, chipotle chicken, or taco beef, served with shredded lettuce, green onions, salsa verde, queso blanco, cilantro lime sour cream, and shredded cheese. (Sections 202, 234)
- South Philly Disco Fries (Citizens Bank Park): Roast pork, melted sharp provolone cheese, broccoli rabe, and roasted red peppers. (Pass and Stow)
- Berry Waffle Cone (Coors Field): Large waffle cone filled with raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, and ricotta cannoli filling with a lemon rind garnish. (Section 223)
- Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel (Minute Maid Park): Pretzel tossed in cinnamon sugar. (Section 116 – The Butcher)
- Peach Chimmies (Coors Field): Flour tortilla, whipped cream cheese, sliced peaches, cinnamon sugar mix, caramel syrup, and whipped cream. (Section 316 & Mobile Ordering Stands)
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Churro (Rogers Centre): Three Churros tossed in cinnamon sugar and drizzled with peanut butter and strawberry jam with fresh cut strawberries and nuts. (500 Level – Park Social)
- Sundae Donuts Milkshakes (Citi Field): New to the stadium, the Sundae Donuts location in the Highball Club on the Promenade Level will offer several dessert options including a Cookies & Blue Cream milkshake with blue vanilla ice cream infused with chocolate donuts and Oreo® crumbles.
- Minute Maid Park, home of the reigning World Champion Houston Astros, will offer new beer, wine, and cocktail stands including a Gentle Ben Bar (Section 106), El Tiempo Margarita Express (Section 109), NÜTRL Vodka Stand (Section 126), and Michelada & Fruit Cart (Section 129)
- Opening at Coors Field, the home of the Colorado Rockies, is the Casamigos® Sky Deck serving a Rocky-Rita signature cocktail in a Casamigos souvenir mason jar. (Section 201)
- Kettle One Frosé (Oakland Coliseum): Frozen rosé wine and Kettle One® vodka mix. (Section 126 – Don Julio Bar)
- Lavender Lemon Drop (Fenway Park): Ketel One Citroen Vodka, triple sec, lemon juice, and lavender syrup. (Royal Rooters Club, Dell Technologies Club, State Street Pavilion, & Ford Clubhouse)
- Spicy Watermelon Margarita (Fenway Park): Spicy tequila, lime juice, fresh watermelon puree, and a salted rim. (Royal Rooters Club, Dell Technologies Club, & State Street Pavilion)
- Swingin’ A’s Slushie Margarita (Oakland Coliseum): Frozen margarita made with Don Julio™ tequila in honor of the Oakland Athletics baseball team that dominated the American League from 1970 to 1975. (Section 126 – Don Julio Bar)
Aramark and its nine MLB partners will also unveil brand-new technology upgrades:
Artificial Intelligence (AI) Self-Checkout:
- Grab-and-go service models paired with near-contactless checkout technology will get fans their favorite stadium eats fast. These technologies will be offered at PNC Park in a Mashgin-powered market and Fan Favorite Express locations (Section 106 and 128) andWalk Thru Bru beverage concept (Sections 112, 125).
- Walk Thru Bru will also expand its presence with 13 new Mashgin units at Rogers Centre (Sections 125, 518), Citi Field (Sections 309 and 419), Fenway Park (Pavilion Level; Big Concourse in Right Field), and Minute Maid Park (Sections 106, 113, 126, 134, 156, 416, 429).
- Fenway Park will feature four (4) self-dispensing popcorn machines with self-checkout capabilities at Sox Pop locations. (Big Concourse in Right Field & Pavilion Level in Left Field)
- Amazon’s Just Walk Out technology will be unveiled at Coors Field (Section 105), allowing guests to walk into the location, grab the concessions they want, and walk out. By automatically tallying items shoppers take off shelves, payment is processed when they exit, enabling fans to avoid waiting in line.
- Self-Order Kiosks: Touch-to-order kiosks empower guests to customize their checkout interactions with increased efficiency. Fans at PNC Park will see this technology at the Pops Plaza (Section 130), which will be fully re-imagined with a walkthrough beer market and full bar. Fenway Park will also offer kiosk ordering to Fenway Favorites behind home plate with Tapin2 kiosks that provide a digital interface of menus and self-checkout at the tap of a finger.
Join our Newsletter
Keep up-to-date with the latest opportunities, industry and regulatory news, business events, and announcements from our partners.