Aramark Dominates NFL Vegan-friendly Stadium List
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) has included 5 stadiums served by Aramark in its inaugural listing of the Top Ten Most Vegan-friendly NFL Venues.
The recognition from the world's largest animal rights organisation with over 6 million members, follows the inclusion of the Citi Field and Kauffman Stadium ballparks which are both served by the U.S. multinational foodservice provider in PETA's 2019 most vegan-friendly ballparks list, as well as that of four university institutions, also served by Aramark, in its List of the most vegan-friendly campuses.
Eighty per cent of participants in an independent 2018 survey conducted across Aramark's key education, healthcare, corrections and leisure verticals indicated a preference for the inclusion of more plant-based food on menus, with the company also reporting over 60 per cent of participants found its renewed focus on plant-forward eating "appealing to them".
The five stadiums recognised for their vegan menus by PETA’s inaugural list of top ten most vegan-friendly NFL venues were: U.S. Bank Stadium (#3), Lincoln Financial Field (#4), Arrowhead Stadium (#5), Empower Field at Mile High (#8), and M&T Bank Stadium (#10).
The organisation also singled out the following vegan menu items:
• U.S. Bank Stadium: Chickpea “tuna” salad; BBQ pulled jackfruit sandwich; and Greek salad wrap.
• Lincoln Financial Field: Vegan po’ boy; Buffalo falafel; and Vegan burger, vegan hot dog, and veggie wrap.
• Arrowhead Stadium: Vegan sausage made of cauliflower, walnut, and wild rice; Beyond Burger; Deep-fried cauliflower with hot sauce; and Quinoa and corn salad.
• Empower Field at Mile High: Beyond Burger; Vegetarian street tacos; and Veggie noodle bowl.
• M&T Bank Stadium: Plant-based frankfurter and Vegan burger.
Commenting on the news, Carl Mittleman, President of Aramark’s Sports and Entertainment division, said:
“Aramark is honored to serve as the food partner for five of the top ten stadiums recognized for their vegan-friendly menus.
"We continually strive to offer diverse menus that appeal to every fan, no matter their lifestyle or dietary preferences, and increasing vegan, vegetarian and plant-forward options is consistent with our overall commitment to enhancing the fan experience."